So this weekend marked a pretty significant milestone for us here at MFin3 HQ.
Just four short weeks after walking away from my previous role I actually earned my first chunk of money doing what I absolutely love! A day hanging out with a Dad and his son learning how to Mind Map, use Memory techniques and totally crush setting up a Study System that supports rather than stresses (Ssshh .. but about two hours in I realised that the whole family was listening in .. so although it started off being a day for two, it ended up being a day for FIVE!!!!
Not an earth-shattering amount for sure – but totally life-changing .. bear with me on this whilst I brag a little about going from standing start to first income in just four weeks! I also subscribe to the “never disparage a small beginning”
Actually Pounds and Pennies were received in my brand new Business Bank Account in exchange for me providing a service that added great value to the life of my client and his family!
So what do I now know?
- I now have what the MBA’s call .. “Proof of Concept”.
- I now know that there “is a market” out there for my service!
- I now know that I can provide phenomenal value – far in excess of what was expected of me!
- I now have actually made a sale (most new business ideas never get that far)
- I now have entered the world of online business and made my first pitch that resulted in income (again 99% of online business entrepreneurs NEVER make their first penny online)
- I have learned that I am totally and utterly IN LOVE with what I do and how I have set up my life to do it!
- I have learned that I am right in believing that you can create a fantastic quality learning experience online .. just as I can in my old life when I used to do it in person!
- I woke up this morning and realised that I once again have a business – a system that creates income and all I need to do it keep the pump primed and keep doing what I am doing ( and saying yes to any opportunities that come my way)
- And in the end, I realise that being in control of my future is the sweetest thing ever! I may not do this forever .. but for now, it’s totally rocking my world and I plan to continue .. in the future I may do something different but that too will be MY CHOICE!
Pretty darn sweet weekend I am sure you will agree!
So even though I am feeling rather flat, rather weary and a little cheesed off that it’s raining outside and its dark, grey and gloomy .. inside my heart is jumping all over the place with possibilities and dreams.
I feel confident, powerful, validated and appreciated .. and I am sure that those of you who have been in “less than stellar” employment situations in the past will know how amazing that moment feels when you say “enough is enough” and you take a stand, make a decision and leave behind a bad situation.
So . there is hope! You have talents that you don’t appreciate because they have been diminished by life, ignored by family, negated by bosses, ridiculed by partners!
But here – here is a place where I want you to shine! I invite you to look closer at what your real talents are and how you can use that “inch wide and mile deep” expertise to create a more compelling future for yourself.
- If you bake the best cakes? There is a business in that! Ask Mary Berry!
- If you were so broke you learned how to make furniture from scrap wood. There is a business in that! Ask Ana White!
- If you love to sit in a sunny window and embroider – there is a business in that .. check out Chloe Wen!
- If you can keep business books easier than falling off a log, write books, plan projects, teach, sing, budget, cook frugally or Mind Map. Trust me THERE IS A BUSINESS IN THAT!
And it can be a business on your terms! A business that is built to support your lifestyle and your goals.
- You need to work around your kids – design that!
- You need to work around illness or long term conditions – design that!
- You need to build it from scratch because you are so far in debt you can’t breathe right now – design that!
- You have a burning desire to generate a six-figure month because you would love to prove an old boss wrong (Trust me I am designing that one LOL)
But know this – you have got this! You have inside you all you could ever need right in this very moment to make all those long-neglected dreams come manifest.
What are you dreaming about?